Magento extension Turpentine - Varnish Cache by nexcess_net
MageCloud partnered with nexcess_net to offer Turpentine - Varnish Cache in your MageCloud panel for our simple 1-click installation option. To install this extension - create your account with MageCloud and launch a new Magento store. It takes only 3 minutes.
nexcess_net always provides support for customers who have installed Turpentine - Varnish Cache Magento module. Feel free to leave a review for the company and the extension so we can offer you better products and services in the future.
You may want to check other nexcess_net Magento extensions available at MageCloud and even get extensions from hundreds of other Magento developers using our marketplace.
Simplify Varnish management and deployment with Magento.
Compatible with Magento 1.x
Turpentine - Varnish Cache
Nexcess.net Turpentine Extension for Magento
Turpentine is a full page cache extension for Magento that works with Varnish, a very fast caching reverse-proxy. By default, Varnish doesn't cache requests with cookies and Magento sends the frontend cookie with every request causing a (near) zero hit-rate for Varnish's cache. Turpentine configures Varnish to work with Magento and modifies Magento's behaviour to significantly improve the cache hit rate.
Note that while this extension is now considered stable, it is strongly recommended that it be tested on a development/staging site before deploying on a production site due to the potential need to add custom ESI policies for blocks added by other extensions.
- Full Page Caching, with hole-punching via Varnish ESI and/or AJAX, even for logged in visitors
- Configurable via standard Magento methods (Admin system configuration and layout XML), no manual editing of Varnish config required for most cases
- Able to generate and apply new Varnish VCLs (configurations) on the fly, without restarting/changing Varnish's config files or flushing the cache
- Blacklist requests from caching by URL or parameters (SID, store, etc)
- Configure cache TTL by URL and individual block's TTL
- Supports multiple Varnish instances for clustered usage
- Automatic cache clearing on actions (clearing product/catalog/cms page after saving)
- Supports non-root Magento installs (i.e